Office for Student Affairs > Boynton Health

Boynton Health ServiceBoynton Health Service

Immunization Requirements

Vaccination Requirement

The University of Minnesota requires all students to complete the vaccination requirement. Failure to complete the requirement may result in a registration hold on your student account. You must complete this requirement by the 6th week of the semester.

Required Vaccinations: All Students

Minnesota law* requires all students born after December 31, 1956, enrolled in a Minnesota college or university to be immunized against the following:

* If you graduated from a Minnesota high school after 1996 or attended a Minnesota post-secondary school you are exempt from the above requirements.

If you are exempt and receive a registration hold, use this form to self-report your exemption. Call 612-625-3222, option 7 for assistance.

Additional Requirements: Health-sciences Students

Additional requirements apply to you ONLY if you are a student, resident, fellow, or intern in these Academic Health Center (AHC) colleges, schools and centers:

Medical school residents and fellows, see detailed information about occupational health, safety, and immunization requirements.

How to Complete your Vaccination Requirement:

All students EXCEPT AHC students (as listed above) must complete one of the following forms:

All health sciences students, residents, fellows, or interns in an AHC college, school or center listed above, use the instructions and complete the form listed below:

  1. AHC Student Immunization Requirements and Process (PDF)
  2. AHC Student Immunization Form (PDF)


Contact our Patient Assistance and Information office: 612-625-8400 option 7.

Locating Your Records

Where to look for your records:

The Minnesota Immunization Information Connection might also be able to help. Contact them by calling 1-800-657-3970.

Immunization Testing

TST Testing for AHC Students

If you are an Academic Health Center student, resident, fellow, or intern, attend a TST Clinic to be tested for tuberculosis (TB).

Boynton Health

410 Church Street S.E.
Minneapolis, MN, 55455

P: 612-625-8400 | F: 612-625-1434